Saturday, December 13, 2014

Dear Micah: My Sunshine

Dearest Micah,

Sorry your letter is so late in getting out.  You turned one over a week ago and I am just getting to this all important letter.  Lord willing, you will someday get to read these little notes I jot down here.

Every day before I lay you down for nap I sing you a song.   
You are my sunshine, my Micah sunshine (I had to change the words since there are four of you sunshines running around).  You make me happy when skies are grey.  You'll never know, dear, how much I love you.  Please don't take my Micah Sunshine away.

Then you lay right down with the dinosaur blanket your Aunt Sara bought you and go to sleep.

It wasn't always like that for us.  In the beginning you thought naps were for cats.  I'm glad you've come around. You grew so much this year.  I've seen it happen three other times but I think I was paying extra attention this time since I knew you were the last baby.  You learned how to roll, crawl that adorable army crawl, and now walk a few steps.  {You made John's day when you walked three steps to him today!}  You've learned to sleep through the night, take a great nap, and lay {mostly} still for a diaper change.  You have learned that Elijah is the one to go to when you need to be held.  Daniel plays the most.  And John is the one to find when you need to roll around and have crawling contests. 

You are a ray of sunshine, Micah.  Your smile and enthusiastic greetings warm my heart.  Your squeals of delight when Daddy comes home from work are so delightful.  Your tenacious attitude and love for banging things together makes me smile.

You even pose for pictures.


I keep praying you love Jesus as much as your brothers do.  The way you follow them around, I suspect some of that love will rub right off and grow into a relationship all its own.  

I love you nose to toes, Micah Moomer!

1 comment:

Grandma Barb said...

I love you too, sweet Micah. I'm so glad we are in each other's lives now. May God continue to bless you and your precious family.