Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Dear Daniel: The dreaded year

Oh, my!  Daniel, the dreaded year has arrived.  Three has historically been one of the most difficult with Anderson boys.  The terrible twos were never an issue, it's three.  That in between year when you can do it yourself but it is often faster for Mom to do it.  The year when you want things to go your way and have a hard time dealing when they do not. 

You already throw around  "I don't like you, Mom."  It's okay.  I understand.  And as I tell you, it's okay if you don't like me, I still love you.  Prayerfully, someday, my methods will make sense to you. 

I get so much delight from you.  I don't know anyone who can play with cars, trucks, planes, and blocks like you do.  You have this fantastic imagination.  And the way you can stack objects not normally stacked is amazing.  Your singing also makes me smile.  You can belt out a tune like nobody's business.

People often comment on how short you are.  You are short but you wear the bejeeberz out your pants.  Something I treasure!  In fact, I just took a pair from your drawer and put them into Micah's.  (He can't quite wear them yet, don't worry).  What you lack in statue you make up for in personality.  One day while on our weekly grocery shopping adventure you were trying to "help" Mom get John on the right track.  You were letting him have it and this lovely little elderly man just about wet his pants laughing at you facial expressions and vocabulary. 

You are learning more and more about Jesus and that is the most important thing.  You love to sit for a story and while your prayers are often hard to hear I know God hears them.  (I do know that Aunt Sara is well covered in prayer by you.)

I pray that next year when I get to write to you again we have come out stronger, more obedient, and closer to Jesus.

You are a sunshine, Daniel Jeffery.  I love you nose to toes!
Mom

1 comment:

Barb said...

Oh, Daniel, we love you too! You are so much fun and so expressive.I am thrilled to have you in my life. You may start calling me Grandma Barb someday, but I will always treasure being Timbarb to you. :)