1. Elijah loves the freedom. He gets to pick his own food, which he proudly carries back to a table of friends. This year he and John stayed in their very own room!
2. We get to see our "camp" friends from Canada, Iowa, Montana, South Dakota and Wyoming.
3. On Monday, the campers are tentative about openly worshiping the Lord but by Friday there is true worship happening.
4. Gut Check, the Friday tradition of 22 difficult exercises. Elijah has done it two years in a row and this year a few buddies joined him. Chris is always the major cheerleader for the adult/coaches group which always makes my heart smile.
5. I don't have to cook for a week and John can eat cheese pizza and biscuits and gravy every day.
6. We get to see the Grandparents and do fun things with them too! Bonus!
7. God grows us every year we are there.
8. There are many hands and eyes to watch the kids (mine are usually in three different places).
|Our favorite picnic and run around rest area in Chamberlain.|
|Who doesn't like a 4-wheeler ride with Dad?|
|And who doesn't like shooting guns?|
|I take the same picture on the same bridge every year. Daniel was too busy to smile.|
|Getting ready to put on a show for the Mom's. Go John!|
|Gut Check! Go Elijah!|
|And by the end, we are all open mouth sleepy too!|