Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Nuts, Evangelizing & Scooting

You may be asking yourself what these three things have in common because they are seemingly random.  Each one relates to one of my little beloveds.

Nuts:  On Father's Day, Elijah had an allergic reaction to cashews.  He threw up, twice.  His face got a little puffy and his eyes were red and watery.  I didn't really think anything of it (avoiding cashews would not be a problem, or so I thought)  until I talked to my lifetime friend, Sarah.  Her son Caleb has allergies and she suggested we get Elijah tested.  She told me that often times reactions can get worse with each exposure.  So, off we went.  Monday, Elijah braved the dreaded prick skin test.  I wish I could get the picture to load.  It was a sight.  The cashew reaction was HUGE along with walnuts, pistachios, and pecans (oops,he had some of those on Saturday in ice cream.)  The one that makes him most sad is hazelnuts.  He has a deep love for Nutella.

Evangelizing:  John has been evangelizing to our neighbors.  He is quite bold about it.  Stomping after the kid who was riding his bike.  John declared, "Jesus, you know, the Lord!  He died on the cross for our sins."  Yesterday over an apple snack with the same neighbors he casually brings up, "So, do you know God?" 
I love this kid so much!

Scooting:  Daniel is officially mobile.  He is very attracted to cords and all things he should not have.  He will crawl almost anywhere for this "You Are My Sunshine" toy that I mentioned in a previous post.

No comments: