Friday, August 3, 2012

"New Things" Week


I glean much joy from cooking and planning weekly menus.  Every once in a while I get the wild idea to have a theme for the week.  This week the theme was "new things."  I like to encourage the kids to try new things and I like to try new recipes.  We tried anchovies, chard, a new recipe, and making our own pizza dough this week.  The key success was the pizza dough actually rose!  The major bust was the anchovies.
This is the tomato, anchovies pasta salad.  We didn't love it.  I don't think the lemon based dressing fit our taste buds.
This is chard.  I made a Chard in Red Sauce recipe.  Chris and I loved it.  I am thinking it will become a regular side dish for us.

2 comments:

Sara said...

You're surprised that anchovies were a bust?!?!? Ew. :-)

Sara said...

You're surprised that anchovies were a bust?!?!? Eh.