Monday, August 6, 2012

Did you know?

I am an incredibly naive girl.  I always have been.  As a child (who am I kidding, even as an adult), things that other people knew I was ignorant off.  I can remember a conversation I had with a classmate when I was around 10 or 11 about AC/DC.  I thought he was talking about the power source of my new stereo.  It turns out he was actually talking about some rock band.

So, it never occurred to me that many of the products I buy I could actually be making myself.  A year or so ago my sister informed me I could be making my own laundry detergent.  So, I gave it a whirl and have been doing that ever since. 

Then I found out I could make my own cleaning products.  Did you know that old fashioned baking soda and vinegar get a toilet sparkling clean and sanitized?  Vinegar and water and a little essential oil makes a great room refreshing spray that is even better then Febreeze?

It also never occurred to me that I could make my own dishwashing detergent but today I did.
I have a few things I want to try to make on my own instead of buying. 1. hand soap  2. make-up (this one scares me a bit)  3. taco seasoning   4. cough remedy 

Who knew?!

No comments: