Monday, February 20, 2012

Dear John

Dearest John,
It has been the greatest fun these last eight weeks to spend time with just you (and Daniel). I have seen a side of you that I didn't even know was there. Here are a few things I have noticed about you:

1. You love to talk. You talk to nice old ladies in the store, to yourself, to your Puppy, to Zay, to everybody.

2. You are fiercely protective of me and Daniel. My favorite moment was when we visited with my boss and you told him I was your mom and Daniel was your baby.

3. You have an amazing imagination. I love playing whales and sharks; mammoths and tiger tooth tigers (aka saber tooth tigers); cars. All of those games end up in a grand fight and you always tell me exactly what I need to do.

4. You LOVE peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. You ate one every day, except 2.

5. You are a master negotiator. I think it has to do with that darling smile and those crystal blue eyes.

6. You are much smarter than you give yourself credit for (or than I gave you credit for).

7. You take your cereal "regular" and your coffee with lots of creamer.

Tomorrow will be hard for both of us. But remember, it is only a few weeks until school is over for the year. And then, maybe, God willing, we will get to spend many more days together.
You bring me great joy, John!
Love you,
Mama

No comments: