Saturday, February 11, 2012

Things I can't make up

Life in our house often presents itself with situations and conversations that I simply couldn't make up if I even tried.

1) I worked out this morning for the first time in 9 months. It wasn't pretty. When I was done Elijah said, "So, Mom, are you going to loose like 100 pounds?" I replied, "Do you think I need to loose 100 pounds?" "Well, yes. And you should look like that girl in the first Transformers."

2) In the van on the way home from picking up Elijah yesterday John started a sentence with, "You know, when I was a little boy..." I didn't hear the rest because I was laughing too hard.

3) I have recently started laying Daniel down on a small playmat. I hung some toys from it to try to stimulate his little brain. Yesterday when I peaked at him he was smiling and cooing at a little dog, ducky, bunny toy. We affectionately named them, "his little friends".

4) John gravitates between really loving me and really not liking me, depending on which side of the Anderson law he is currently on. One day he got right in my face and told me that he did not like me anymore and would no longer play with me. He was quite suprised when I smiled and told him I didn't really like his behavior but I sure loved him. "Weeelll,(he draws it out southern style) I don't like your behavior and I'm still not going to play with you!"

5) Elijah has decided that a certain 1st grade girl is really pretty and so he spends his recess chasing her or trying to get away from his buddies who try to capture him and bring him to her. We have had several conversations about the Anderson law of not dating until you are 25 and no kissing girls until you are married (except for Mom, Auntie Sara, and Grandmas). Elijah has since decided that the girl is not that pretty afterall because, "She doesn't love Jesus." That's my boy!

No comments: