Saturday, October 11, 2008

Monuments and Milestones

I know it is cliche but time really does fly. My dear "mom", Barb, sent pictures from cousin's camp. One of which shows me and the boys with Andy, Sara, Jo, and Babe-I. John is little and has all this dark hair. This week John is balding, his hair is turning a shade that is beginning to look a bit red, and he reached a monument and a milestone.

While frantically trying to finish my bible study before small group on Tuesday I did what any great mother does when trying to get a moment to herself, I turned on tunes. Elijah was entranced and John was talking away on the floor. Engrossing myself in my study I happened to look up and noticed that John was on his tummy. Without anyone looking John had rolled over! I moved him to his play blanket to see if the trick could be repeated. It was! We officially have a roller. He rolls pretty much every time he is placed on the floor.

Wednesday I got a daycare call during the school day. I don't get too worried about those calls because my wonderful daycare mom, Jodi, loves to call with the funny things Elijah does or to let me hear John babbling. Turns out her message was about a monument, in John's mouth. John got his first tooth this week. We noticed it Wednesday and it was through on Friday. No pomp, no circumstance.

I suppose crawling and college are next.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need to see your little sweethearts.I can just can't wait to see that sweet little tooth peeking out. You can't imagine how many times Tim and I relive funny "Elijah moments" from the summer. I look forward to seeing you all again. Hopefully before too long.
Love,
Barb