Friday, October 24, 2008

Car Conversations

Elijah: Is that a cross? (as we drive past three crosses)
Mom: Yup
Elijah: Is that the cross Jesus died on?
Mom: um, not the exact cross, no.
Elijah: Why not?
***************************************
Elijah to Chris: Dad you better get away from me. I'm dangerous.
**********************************************************
at yet another epic battle of Parents versus Two year old at the dinner table

Chris: Elijah take a bite right now
Elijah: Dad, help me. I'm small, just look at my feet.
**************************************************************
and my favorite
Elijah: Mom, so, how was your day at school?
Mom: Good
Elijah: Well what did you do today?
Mom: I taught lessons, ate lunch, graded papers, planned lessons (pause)
Elijah: Aren't you going to ask me about my day?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It took me a minute or two to quite chuckling. What a pistol! I am so glad you are writing down some of the Elijahisms. I see a Christian Radio or TV host someday with his wonderful interview questions. Gee, wonder where he learned that skill?

Love Grandpa Tim

Sara said...

I still think him referring to his momma as "honey" for an entire weekend is the best Elijahism to date. Barely. But it's still tops for Autie Sara. I washed the E-man's blanket and pillow case yesterday and couldn't stop thinking about it. :-)

Unknown said...

E is so cute! Your post just brightened my stressful day! ~Ellen