Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Sara


Today is such a great day. Not only is it Josiah's birthday; my nephew who warmed my heart from the first time I held him, but it is my big sister's birthday. She is so much more than a big sister. As any of you know who read this blog I adore my sister. Seriously, how many people can actually say they have known their best friend their entire lives? I was telling my students today about how annoying I used to be (probably still am) to my sister. I followed her around, changed my clothes to be just like her (Lord knows her fashion sense is better than mine), and wanted to be a part of everything she was doing. She always tolerated me; always gave me another chance to keep a secret. I was trying to decide today what it is about Sara that I love the most. I think it is that she knows how to love people. She gets what it means to be a friend and she goes out of her way to make people know their worth. For example, I projected confidence as a teenager but really I was a ball of insecurity held together by the words of others. Sara always made sure I had enough string to keep the ball from unraveling. She went out of her way to make sure I was always taken care of; even when I didn't want another mother watching me. (Thanks for watching me!)


Happy Birthday Sara! You are so much more than a sister. Life circumstances have made it so that we are forever glued together: the Lund girls are we. I can't think of any one else I would rather be glued to.

No comments: