Thursday, August 14, 2008

Nine

Today is one of my favorite days all year long. Nine years ago today I became Mrs. Suzanne Anderson. I can remember that day as though it were yesterday. I remember my mom telling me not to see Chris because it was bad luck but while she was out getting her hair done Chris and I saw each other for a brief minute. I remember putting my dress on at the church and then having to go to the bathroom with three bridesmaids holding my dress. I remember those bridesmaides assuring me that my soon-to-be husband was at the church when really he had not arrived yet. I remember walking down the aisle, tears flowing, and only being aware of his handsome face. I remember our tears as our friend Jared sang.

We were talking last night about all that we have done and been through in nine years. It really amazes both of us that it has been nine years already. For our first year anniversary I gave Chris a homemade card that I made while we were driving back from the Black Hills to our apartment in Bloomington. The card said, "Love is bumpy but I'll bump along with you forever." That saying is so true. Love is bumpy but man do I love going through the bumps with this man. It hardly seems possible, but I think I love and appreciate him more after nine years than I did on August 14, 1999.

My dearest Chris, you continually challenge me, which really irritates me at the time but man do I love how you don't let me get away with my stuff. You push me to be the best I can be and I am all the better for it. I thank God every day for blessing me with a man who loves me as much as you love me. I certainly don't deserve your devotion but I am so thankful I have it. Here's to ninety-nine more years of love with you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute. I wish you both the best. May you have many, many years of loving and growing and serving God.
Barb

Anonymous said...

Suzanne,
You are good for Chris as well. Look how he has grown as a Christian father and husband. Barb and I marvel at how we thought we loved each other when we got married 35 years ago,but in comparison to our love now, we really didn't understand it much. How could we! It is just something that God gives you and we thank HIM for it and for you and Chris.

Love,

Tim