Saturday, May 17, 2008

Six Days

There are six days until I get to meet the newest Anderson. In those days I need to wrap up Julius Caesar with 7th graders who are not quite sure they like this one as much as Romeo and Juliet. I need to wrap up Romeo and Juliet with 6th graders who are not quite sure how two people fall in love (I mean lust) and get married at 14 and in only 24 hours. I need to figure out how to explain to a sub that the 5th graders really are great kids they just talk too much. I need to remember how to install a car seat base into a vehicle. I need to motivate the same 7th graders who are unsure about Julius Caesar to finish learning about world geography without me and our random, if not funny, discussions of the world. I need to bake a turkey to make room in my freezer. I need to lavish as much love as I can on Elijah so he doesn't think I abandoned him while I am in the hospital. I need to forget about washing the windows. I need to make a packing list. I need to pack. I need to check with the friends who so graciously volunteered to watch Elijah this week. I need to keep my feet up so my ankles look normal. I need to pray. I need to convince Chris that waiting until the baby is born to pick a boy name is not a good idea. I need to write my "Story" for bible study on Tuesday. I need to remember where all the nuks are. I need to forget about all these things and just concentrate on the joy of new life and the awesome blessing of getting to raise another human being.

No comments: