Saturday, May 24, 2008

John Myron


My heart overflows with love. I have a brand new son. He is perfect. Arriving at 8:03 in the least dramatic birth ever, the first thing everyone in the room said was, "Look at all that hair." I knew getting heartburn from peaches would lead to some hair! He weighed in at 7 lbs 11 oz and is 21 inches long.


It took some discussion and research, but Chris and I arrived at the name John on Thursday night. I love the simplicity and the way John the Baptist was so bold in proclaiming that Jesus was coming. Chris was drawn to the name after taking some time to read the book and letters of John this winter.


Myron has been my choice of a middle name for a long time. My dearly beloved grandpa was Myron. As a young girl, he was the man I wanted to marry and as a young woman he was the standard by which all men were measured. I can think of no better way of honoring this faithful man of God than by naming my son after him.


Elijah is, well, I'm not sure. He thought the baby was cute, even though he kept saying "she". He wanted to hold the baby only for about 15 seconds and only after Michael and Anna held the baby (he likes to fit in).


We are excited and nervous for this new part of our lives. John Myron will certainly bring a whole new view to our family.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

"Father God, I pray that you guide, bless, and protect beautiful baby John. Please keep him safe, healthy, and happy. Thank you so much for his safe birth and plcing him in such a loving family. We love him so much! I pray you will flow through Chris and Suzanne, and all of us to teach him Your Word. All these things I ask in Jesus' Name. Amen"

Anonymous said...

We are looking forward to when we can meet little John in person.So glad to hear all is going well. We thank God for placing him in such a God honoring family!
Love to you all,
Grandma Barb and Grandpa Tim