Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Rebranding

Dearly loved sons,

Mama got a little (maybe a lot) off track on this blog.  I saw others garner attention, fame, and fortune from their little diatribes.  I feed a deep seeded need in my soul to be known, acknowledged, applauded.

My intention when I started this blog was to keep a record of thoughts and stuff (that's a technical word) for you to look back on when you are older.  I had no idea in 2007 that 7 years later there would be four of you but I am sure grateful there are.  I created it as a place to process my thoughts so that I could better teach you about life.  

But I haven't done that.  I have tried to be clever, cute and catchy.  Which has resulted in hurt feelings when the response was not what I expected.  Pride comes before the fall Solomon tells us in Proverbs 16:18.  God opposed the proud James tells us in James 4:6.  

All done!  I am sorry, boys, for getting off track.  For forgetting that you are my best audience.  I am rebranding (if I ever had a brand) this blog.  A collection of letters to you boys.  A collection you will hopefully cherish and learn from.

I love you all so dearly it nearly stifles me.
With Joy Always,
Mama

No comments: