Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Dear Grandma

Dear Grandma,

I know you don't always believe this but I love you.  We had a rough one last week, didn't we?  You had had it with these kids telling you what you should and should not do.  I had had it with the snarky comments about my beautiful sister and hearing about your van.  So we let each other have it. 

"That is my van and I want it back!  Nobody told me I can't drive."

"They certainly did, you just don't remember.  Plus you can hardly get in and out on your own, how do you expect to drive?"

"Don't you turn on me too!"

The thing is, there are no sides.  Just two girls who are trying like the dickens to do the right, the loving, the responsible thing.  And honor you and Jesus above all.  It is hard, Grandma. So you know what, we went to the Lord.  Like I hadn't before; I should have known better. I prayed and prayed. 

He answered.  In a miraculous way; as He always does.  Your friend Joyce called and presented the idea of you moving to Hilda's Heritage Home.  You had agreed and I rejoiced. 

Another move on Saturday and I pray this is a place where you will flourish.  I know for sure I won't be so worried about you being alone all the time.  You even know a few people who live there and you are sure to make quick work of getting to know the rest. 

I love you, Grandma.   It is my pleasure to help take care of you.  After all you spent much of your life taking care of me. 

With Joy,
Suz

1 comment:

Barb said...

Suzanne, I hope this is a good fit for her.