Friday, August 16, 2013

Saying 'I Do' again....

A really long time ago my good friend Kristin and I were discussing our wonderful husbands.  She declared, "I can think of 10 different weddings I'd like to have with that man."  We giggled at the thought.

This week marks the 14th year of wedded matrimony for Chris and me.  And, truly, I would marry him again in a heart beat.  Not because I would do a whole slew of things differently but because he is greater these days than he was in those days.  (And I sure thought he was great back then).

1.  Christmas wedding at the Methodist church in Lead.  It has red carpet and a beautiful stain glass window at the front.  Plus decorating and food choices would be easy.

2.  A morning wedding with breakfast food and donuts instead of cake.  We Anderson's love our donuts and this takes "Special Day donuts" to a whole new level.

3.  Beach wedding in a warm place when it is cold in SD/MN/IA.  Um....I can feel the warm sand now.

4.  The surprise wedding.  Wouldn't it be a ton of fun to invite people to a beautiful spot and then....surprise we're having a wedding.  I think it would be fun.

5.  Getting married at the Our Savior's Lutheran in Sioux Falls.  It is the church my Grandma Louise attends and where my parents, aunts and cousin were all married.

6.  The candle light wedding in winter.

One of my all time favorites...at the apple orchard with Elijah and 3 month old John.

No comments: