Monday, August 26, 2013

Dearest Elijah: Hard Things

Hey Buddy!  Whew!  What a week we endured last week.  I wasn't sure we were going to make it, but we did it.

Sometimes Mom has to make you do hard things.  It doesn't mean I don't love you or that I hate you as you suggested.  (Don't worry I knew it was the fear talking.)  I just means that I love you enough to push you outside of your comfort zone.  That's where God really gets to use you and where you really get to see the truth of the Bible in action.

I get it.  Really.  I do.  Mom hates doing new things with new people in new places too.  It makes my stomach hurt, my head ache, and all sorts of horrible things pop into my head.  It makes me irritable.  It makes me emotional.  It makes me plain mean sometimes.

We are a lot alike in this way. Sorry you got stuck with that trait of mine.

But we both survived.  You had fun at your team building activity on Monday with the strangers who are to be your classmates.  You thrived in your first week of school.  You even managed to do all the right things at your football game without Daddy on the field with you.

Hebrews 13:5 reminds us that "God has said, 'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.'"  You carried that verse with you last week along with the example of Moses who had to do hard things too, even though he didn't want to.

I know there are loads of hard things yet to come.  We will endure those too.

I love you, Elijah Christopher!
Your blessed Mom


No comments: