Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Expectant Waiting

To get into the habit I started bringing my phone to bed with me last week.  I didn't expect it to ring.  Let's get real, this is her first baby.  First babies never come early.

My phone rang at 6:00 am this morning.  "Whatcha' doing?"  My very cheerful sister asked.  "Just hangin' out," I replied. 

Her water had broken in the wee hours but contractions hadn't really started yet.  Summoned to the hospital since it had been more than four hours the boys and I packed up quickly and headed over to the Patterson place.

We have been hanging out all day.  The six boys and I.  Waiting.  Expectantly.  I have answered the occasional question from a curious nephew.  "What time do we get to go to the hospital?"   "How many more minutes until the baby is born?"  They are so sweet, those nephews of mine.

The last update had her half way there and resting after some medical intervention.  I'll keep praying.  And expectantly waiting.

The benefit of being at my sis' is I have access to her pictures. Isn't she beautiful?!

No comments: