Saturday, November 17, 2012

Turning 7

Sorry buddy, I didn't mean to put off posting about your birthday for so long.  Moving really threw a wrench in things.  Thank you for being so patient and understanding about all of it.

You are seven.  The fact that you have been in this world for seven years shocks me.  I have loved every minute of being your mom.  Thanks for being my experimental child.  Sorry, I have made so many mistakes on you.  Here is the picture recap of your day.
I love you more than the words in my brain can express!
Mom

The annual "Special Day" doughnut.  You also requested baked french toast for dinner.  This year we added coffee, which for some strange reason you like.

Daddy is so silly (and a bit strange).  He brought in your "present", a brand new plunger. You feigned excitement but we both knew what you were really looking for....

It wasn't a shovel either.....

It was a skateboard.  You had been asking for a skateboard for your birthday since September when an older boy at the apartment showed you some tricks.  We kept teasing you that 7 was the year of underwear but you weren't buying it.

You made us so proud at the talent show on your birthday night.  You took People's Choice first prize for K-2.  What a brave young man you have become!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Happy Birthday, E-Man! I, too, am shocked that you've been with us seven whole years! Thanks for making me an aunt -- I looooove that job more than most any other. You're the bestest!