Friday, November 9, 2012

A house on Elm Street

Putting things into boxes and moving is becoming quite the skill; one I pray is put to rest for a VERY long time.  Chris and I have been searching for a house since June.  Our wonderful agent, Angie, has been very patiently showing us houses, emailing encouragement, and just plain sticking with us.  And then, one Saturday a familiar house came up for sale.  It was a house Chris had wanted to look at in June but I said no way because it was a dump and needed more work than I could visualize.  But, the Lord knew this was to be our home and had someone else do the work.  All it took was one tour and we knew this was the one.,After what seemed like an endless search, suddenly it was time to pack up and move across town.  Here is a peak at what that looked like.

ps....a week in and I only have 2 boxes left to unpack but a lot of bare walls and dreams.
Our new home!  John really loves the doorbell.

Boxing up your life really makes you think about all the stuff you have.  This is only 2/3 of them.

Our wonderful friend Joe and his amazing Mercedes van.  I am sure it is the ritziest moving truck around.

Boxes in the new dining room.

Moving The Beast, aka the treadmill, which I had to promise to use.

It did take 5 guys to get it down the stairs, so I will honor them and use it.

Thank you so much, Andy, Tim, Dominique, Seth, Joe, Jay, Dad and Ellie for moving us.  Thank you Sara for keeping the kids. ( I think you had the harder job.)

No comments: