Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Ultimate Valentine

I have never really liked Valentines Day. It just doesn't make sense to me that you would show someone you love them just because of a day on the calendar. Shouldn't we show people we love them everyday? Call me crazy but I would much rather feel someones love on a random day because they actually love me and not on Valentines Day when they feel they have to love me.

I was talking about this with my students yesterday in school and I made the comment that God is our ultimate Valentine. He loves us everyday, everyway, no matter what. It made a few of my students smile because they think I am strange most of the time but it made me praise because I don't need any other love from anybody as long as I have His love. All the other's is just bonus.


ps...I did get a great bonus this morning. An extra hour of sleep and donuts for breakfast.

No comments: