Friday, February 15, 2008

Baby Bump


I am 25 weeks pregnant. For the past two weeks I have heard countless times how pregnant I look. I think this is a veiled way of saying, "Oh my, your belly is huge!" I don't mind, it is what being pregnant is all about.

But it did get me thinking. In 15 weeks I am going to have a new child to take care of. Am I ready for this? Seriously, I have a hard time handling my "I-have-my-mommy-wrapped-around-my-little-finger" two year old. He is sweet and stubborn and talkative and opinionated and adorable and prone to yelling "MINE" at the top of his lungs whenever you touch something, anything that could be his. Am I ready for this?

It doesn't matter if I am ready am or not because it is happening. I just pray God continues to shell out the wisdom and extra patience that is needed. I can tell already that this baby will be a force to be reckoned with; the kick I just received affirms that. But what fun it will be to guide that force and shape this baby into the child, the teen, the adult God wants them to be.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I can think of no better vessel for God to have chosen than you, O much beloved sister of mine!