Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Wait


Those who know me know that I am horrible at waiting. I hate waiting. Yesterday it snowed about half an inch and traffic was bad. I sat in traffic for sixty minutes waiting to get home with a two year old who wanted a graham cracker, a pumpkin sticker, a bando (bandaid), and to watch just the race, just Lightning's race. I hate waiting.

I am anxiously waiting to meet the new member of our family. I am 22 weeks along and I already feel like time is at a snail's pace. What will the baby be? What will the baby look like?

I hate waiting.

I am waiting for a new career direction. For four years I have longed to be in a high school and I think I reached my limit this year. My love for teaching is zapped by middle schoolers who can't remember their pencils or what a verb is or how to raise their hands or how to talk without rolling their eyes at me. I hate waiting.

I hate waiting and God knows it. He sent me a devotion today on patience; a lesson I have been taught continually for 29 years. The devotion said patience is a virtue that can only be developed with God and through a strength that comes with knowing God has plans to prosper me.

So I wait, and while I am waiting I am going to try my hardest to remember that I can do all things through Christ who stregthens me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww, I most definitely feel your pain. I will pray for you as you are learning to wait. God is most definitely teaching me this lesson right now.
I would love if He would simply tell me SOME things. Like when I am going to get married. What I'm going to do. But God's pretty firm in teaching me that I need to remember that He is in control. Anyhow, I love you and i will pray. -Ash