Sunday, January 13, 2008

Quality Time

The women's small group bible study I am in is going through the 5 Love Languages and last week we talked about quality time. While I am pretty sure it is not my primary love language, I was reflecting on the times I cherish the most and the first thing that came to my mind is the daily commute with Elijah. My talkative two-year old has created some of the greatest moments in the past few weeks.

Here are snippets of conversations:
Elijah: "Mooooo"
Mom: "Is there a cow in the back seat? What is the cow eating?"
Elijah: "Grass, oh mom!"

Mom: "Did you finish your banana?"
Elijah: "No"
Mom: "You better eat it up like Curious George, good monkey"
Elijah: "I good monkey, oooooaaaa."

Elijah: "How you day mommy?"

Mom: "Be careful climbing in."
Elijah: "I love be fareful, mommy."

Elijah: "Does the baby need a blankie?"

Elijah: "I wuv you mommy."

The conversations never cease to amaze me. I just hope they continue throughout the duration of his life!

2 comments:

Sara said...

No "how I yunder what you are?"

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are wise enough to cherish these precious moments; they go by way too fast!
Barb