Thursday, April 14, 2016

The Things This Mama Does

Dearest Elijah and John,

What an adventure we are on this coming summer!  Aren't you so glad you have a Dad who seeks out fun (I use that term loosely) new things for us to do?

Last summer our adventure revolved around long car trips to Colorado.  Watching Dad race his heart out.  Hiking and seeing some amazing Creation.

This summer we all got roped in.  All. Of. Us.  When Dad proposed the idea of us doing a race together this summer it was Winter. There was snow and the prospect of careening down a mountain on two wheels was far away.  Now it is Spring.  Now we have a weekly ride schedule.  Now we have a weekly babysitter.  This. Is. Serious.

You boys have no idea how far out of my comfort zone mountain biking is.  It is dangerous.  I don't do dangerous.  It is hard work.  I try to avoid hard work.  Did I mention it is dangerous?

We joke that no one wants to ride behind me at Leader's Park because my descending speed is more like a crawl.  I don't see that changing any time soon.

But this Mama is willing to risk life and limb to be with you.  I'll take on dangerous to bond and have you think I am a "cool mom".  It is one of the many things this Mama does.

I love you two like no other!
I love you morer mostest.
With Joy,
Mom

No comments: