Wednesday, January 16, 2013

One Word 2013

There was a cheer we did back in the old days at LHS:
Attitude check, Orioles how do you feel?

A big, year long attitude check is in order for this year.  My one word for 2013 is Attitude.  Before I did the James MacDonald study I had no idea how insulting my attitude is toward my Savior.  Complaining, critizing, coveting, doubting, and plain ole rebelling....they have got to go.  

If my response to the attitude check question is anything less than thankful, contented, loving, faithful or submissive (Oh that is a hard one for me) then I need a time out to regroup and refocus.  

One of the main points Pastor MacDonald makes in this study is that the bad attitudes lead to wilderness living.  I don't particularly like the wilderness for living...I am not much of a camper or roughing it kind of girl. But when my attitude defaults to complaining....God is going to lead me out into the wilderness where it is hot, dry, and just plain lonely.  

I know an attitude check will take a conscious effort and I know it will feed into my other words from years past: Joy, Strength, & Abiding.  Praying this is a powerful year of tremendous growth so I can look back and respond to the cheer the way we used to....

We feel good, x, Oh we feel so good!

No comments: