Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Dear Daniel

My dear Daniel, 

How can you already be 1?  I mean really, I remember you coming into the world as if it were yesterday.  Although I am holding on to each memory a little tighter since you may be the last of the Anderson babies.  

You are a dear, sweet boy.  You smile easily and wave at everyone and everything.  Those squirrels outside our house are sure to settle in you have welcomed them so.  Uncle Andy calls you a waving expert and I would have to agree.  You love your mama, that is for sure.  We have spent countless hours together, many in the middle of the night or too early in the morning (you will call that time "the butt crack of dawn" when you are older).  I love when you reach for me and pull on my pants while I am cooking; although I could do without the accompanying crying you like to do at 5:00.  

You certainly adore your brothers and I think the feeling is mutual   You tackle them frequently and "pat" their heads with glee.  Your loud, "talking" also lets us all know where you are since you like to explore on your own, even in pitch dark rooms.

A few of your current talents include: waving, crawling quickly, throwing and catching a ball,  finding things you shouldn't have and putting them into your mouth, knocking on the wall of your bedroom to protest bedtime along with throwing all your nuks on the floor.

A few of your favorite words are:  DADADADADA: but not necessarily to Daddy; nananana for food, and auauauauaua for anything you think is fun.

I love you, Daniel.  Keep growing and learning to love the Lord.

Eating your monkey cookies that Auntie Sara loving made for you.  We love that Auntie Sara!

Opening presents with cousins and Uncle Andy looking on.

Daddy thought you needed a haircut; Mommy wasn't so sure.

You do look pretty handsome with your new hair do

No comments: