Thursday, June 28, 2012

Crime and Punishment

I'm going to have to keep a closer watch (and perhaps a hand at all times) on John.  Yesterday, while visiting the neighbors John and his buddy Evan found a marker.  A PERMANENT marker.  One of them decided it would be fun for them to write on the walls with it, after they had decorated their faces. 

Me:  John, why did you do that?  You know better than to write on walls!
John:  I....I...I don't know.  I just did it.

He was sentenced to a very embarrasing time-out at a friends as well as a loooooong time out at home.  He also had to "write" an apology and fork over his spend money from his bank.  All $11.66 of it.

A friend at FCA camp mentioned that she is certain God uses our children to shed light on the areas we need to work on.  I am praying for submissive spirits for both John and I.


Top:  John and Evan's handywork with the permanent marker.  He was not happy about me documenting his crime. 
Bottom:  John's letter and his money.

No comments: