Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Flip Side

As news of my career change has gotten out I have heard over and again how difficult it will be. Trust me, I do not suffer from any illusions that being the kind of mom God is shaping me into will be easy. I also am prepared for the "Oh" answer to the "What do you do?" question. The truth is I suffered under a far worse glare the past 6 years.

Nothing cuts to a mother's heart; to her confidence as a mother; to her very core like the glare and judgement of a stay at home mom when, in the midst of a conversation they make the assumption, "You do stay home don't you?" Or, once you have two children, "You must be staying home now that you are so busy."

So, if I can survive that I think my ego, confidence, and whatever else happened to be showing is scarred enough to handle the flip side

My identity is built on nothing less than Jesus Christ. I gave up looking for validation from strangers and friends long ago.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh, Suzanne, you will be awesome at your new job! The perceptions, comments, and looks from outsiders are hard to handle sometimes, but the only One you need to answer to is Him. It will be a transition, but this friend will be right there supporting, encouraging, and praying for you!