Friday, August 19, 2011

The Proper Care and Feeding....of Grandma


One of the reasons I wanted to be back in SD was so I could help my beautiful sister with Grandma. It has been a job that is both enjoyable and frustrating at the same time. Grandma has changed over the years and it has been an adjustment learning to love this grandma.
One can hardly blame her. Life has not been easy for her. Losing a husband and two daughters to lung diseases is horrible. Helping care for your oldest daughter who is battling a losing battle with a lung disease is a bit cruel.
I have found it is especially easy to blow off Grandma when things get busy; like back to school time. But God had so burdened my heart with a conviction to make the effort; to love and care for her; to show her that the God she loves is a God who forgives and who loves (even noisy upstairs neighbors).

No comments: