Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Not Really 32

Today I am 32 years old. I don't really get worked up about age because it is just a number that doesn't really reflect how old I really am. How old am I really? It depends on the day. Lately I am certain that I am 14. Since I have that silly nervous feeling about making new friends. You know, the kind you get before you start a new school or move to a new town.
I remember being 14 and sitting in the car with my sister. We were driving to the first day of high school when I announced that she should turn the car around. "I'm not going." I believe were the exact words I used. I am sure tears were involved too, they always were in my "dramatic decade". Of course I went and it ended up being okay but I can still look back at those days and see that I wasn't really making friends but trying to keep "in".
I am hoping that 18 years of life has made me a more genuine person. One who is sensitive to the feelings of others and one that doesn't feel the need to "fit in"anymore. I am hoping that in 18 years I have become comfortable with being the me God delights in.
I hope so....

1 comment:

Barb said...

Happy birthday, dear Suzanne! I was moving also the year I turned 32. We were just starting our life in Keokuk. I'm sure I was having many of the same feeling you are. Of course you know everything will work out great, still.. those emotions don't always listen to your head.
You and Chris are very much in our prayers as you make this transition.
Love you all lots 'n lots,
Barb