Saturday, December 26, 2009

Filling Big Shoes



I'm not sure what it is about their Daddy's shoes but both boys love putting them on and tromping about the house. John will spend a good 20 minutes putting them on, standing up, walking, falling out of them, and doing it all again. Which for my little tazmanian devil, is a long, long time. It does come in handy when I am trying to make dinner and correct papers.


I guess if they were going to try to fill anybody's shoes they couldn't find a man with more integrity, love and desire to live for Jesus, or intelligence (at least in my opinion). Of anybody in the whole world, I hope they continue to try to fill their father's footsteps, not some sports star, not some movie star, not some singer, but Chris'. His sense of doing the right thing, no matter the cost, his sincere love for Jesus, his desire to know all he can about Jesus, his incredible work ethic, his self-confidence, his ability to have fun are all attributes I pray my boys acquire. But more than that I pray their their love for filling Chris' shoes pales in comparision to their love for trying follow in Jesus' footsteps.

1 comment:

Barb said...

What a beautiful blog, Suzanne. Chris is indeed a blessed man to have you for his wife!