Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Three

I can remember it like it was yesterday. After a long night of labor and no progression they finally told me I was going to have a c-section. Then after what seemed forever, I heard his little cry. He melted my heart instantly. He can still melt my heart instantly. I think I said this last year but I cannot believe how quickly the time has gone. I was in tears this morning as we prayed over donuts ("Is it a special day, Mommy?" "Yes it is!") because I cannot believe the little person who is growing up before my eyes. I want time to stand still so he can stay the boy who loves to give hugs and laugh and talk to his mom. I have seem glimpses that indicate this will be a tough year of growth for both of us. I look forward to the challenge of forming a God-fearing, Bible-loving, gospel-preaching man.


I love you, Elijah! I thank God for you every day.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday E! I hope you enjoyed your 'special day doughnuts!'

Suzanne - I have no doubt you will indeed raise a bible beliving, god fearing man.

~Ellen

Sara said...

Eatin' doughnuts for breakfast...on Granny Peggy's fine china. Now that's a way to celebrate a birthday! :-) I love you, too, Mr. E-man!

Anonymous said...

"Three" will be a wonderfilled year for our little guy. I can't wait to see you all in two weeks.
Love,
Grandma Barb

Anonymous said...

Elijah,
You have awesome parents. Remember to do what they tell you especially when you don't feel like it. It is like how we need to treat God.We are praying that you will continue to grow in a Godly man who does great things for our Lord!

Love,

Grandpa Tim