Sunday, November 16, 2008

Suzanne: The High School Years

My dear friend Ali visited this weekend. We had a blast shopping, hanging out, doing life together. Ali is one of those people in life who is so genuine and sure of herself. I have known her since freshman year of high school. We didn't hang in the same circle then but became good friends a few years ago. She went out of her way to console me after I lost my mom and earned a special place in my heart.
But I was remined this weekend how narrow minded and short sighted I was in high school. I missed having a great friend because I was so concerned with what other people thought of me. I spent so much time trying to be cool that I was a fake. Yuck! Thank God I have been delivered from those feelings (okay so not totally delivered but I'm working on it.)

4 comments:

Nola said...

Good thoughts, though I doubt you were as narrow minded and short sighted as you remember. Perspective sometimes gets skewed with time. I certainly didn't run with the "cool crowd" and I appreciated the genuine friend I found in you! (still do!)

Carrie said...

Hey Suzanne! I just wanted to let you know that I just started the Breaking Free bible study. I am excited and full of anticipation. I would love to read how you are doing on your journey! After all we're family, right? :)

Suzanne said...

Yes, Carrie we are family!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Suzanne, I had a great time visiting with you. And the shopping was just the added perk! We will have to plan another visit soon! Love you, friend!