Sunday, July 20, 2008

Friends and Sisters

What a wonderful weekend I was blessed with. Friends and sisters abounded as we had the second annual Beth Moore weekend. As my sisters and friends spilled through the door on Friday evening I couldn't help but smile at the blessing of being able to host them and worship and learn with them this weekend. We all have such different lives but we were all in need of the same thing this weekend. As Beth would say, we needed a Word from God. And man did we get it.
It was an adventure navigating (Thanks Becky) downtown Minneapolis and through road closures. We laughed at my ability to get us lost, sort of. Who knew it was so hard to get out of a parking garage, both times! I think I can safely say we all were touched this weekend through worship and the word. There is nothing quite like singing Amazing Grace with 7,000 other women, but singing it with sisters and friends was so moving for me.
This weekend I received a word from God, I bonded with my sisters, I reconnected with old friends, and I solidified the bond with new friends. How amazing!

No comments: