Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Come out! Come out wherever you are!

Where oh where has my joy gone? It seems like it has been one thing after the other the last few weeks. First our schedules got crazy busy with practice for church productions, work, extra work, and visits. Then Elijah got uber sick with the double whammy of croup and pneumonia so sleep became a luxury while we listened to him breath and cough and wheeze. Then of course Chris got sick and I got sick (still am, darn colds). To top it off my aunt passed away this week. While that doesn't really affect me too much since we weren't close but what does affect me is seeing my grandmother's heart shattered at having to bury another daughter.

Where oh where has my joy gone? It is in the healing of my dear sweet son, who is back to his old, twoness. It is in the pride of performance well received. It is in the knowledge that God heals all wounds, even shattered hearts.

My joy never really left. I just forgot where to look. My joy comes from my Father, who daily blesses me with an abundance that leaves me darn near speechless. My joy comes from my Father, who never forgets me and who always loves me; even when I can't see it.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Your close is beautifully written, Suz. A true sound byte for life. Have a good day, my dear sweet sister!