Sunday, December 30, 2007

1+1=2

For 2007 it was joy. My one word resolution. I don't feel that I have succeeded in that endeavor so for 2008 it is joy.

But I also feel the need to add to that one word resolution, thus a two word resolution for 2008. Given the lessons that God had taught me in 2007 and really over the course of my life I think that to seek and find and recognize joy in all situations one must posses strength. Spiritual strength in the form of faith, emotional strength in the form of perseverance and empathy, and physical strength in the form of muscles.

I am well on the way to the muscles. I love Elijah but that kid and his 30 pounds are getting to be a bit more than I can handle. I am sure he is good conditioning for the baby to come with his/her car seat and diaper bag and snacks and Elijah. My goal is to have pipes like my sis. That girl is ripped! The other parts I will work on with God. I have perseverance, I think it is genetic with the women in my family but I feel like I have lost some empathy over the years. Somewhere I got a bit cynical. I have some faith but I know I don't have nearly enough even though God has proven himself faithful over and over and over and over.....

So may 2008 be a year of seeking joy and building strength and may they work together to glorify God.
Happy New Year, friends!

No comments: