Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Temptation

Summer comes to an end in two days when the big boys go back to school.  It has been a challenge being a stay at home mom with four kiddos home this summer.  The big boys felt like they got gypped on fun since going to the pool or any other great adventure was met with a ,"Sorry, but that is more than Mom can handle."  The little boy and baby felt like they spent the summer getting in and out of the van & stroller as we shuttled around.

So, last week when the whining and complaining and crying hit their crescendo I was pretty sure psychiatric services were in my future.  Then, I got message from an old supervisor.  It was a job offer.

A job.  In the real world.  With adults.  And reading real books.  And teaching things I love.

I was tempted.  I reasoned.  I negotiated.  I pleaded with God to give me the green light to leave this hard job called motherhood behind for a few hours each day.

He didn't budge.

And then the still small voice revealed the real root.  It's not that I wanted to escape motherhood.  It's that I wanted to know I had done well.  To know that those who are out there remember little ol' me fondly.  I know that someday I might be able to go back.

So, I thank the Lord for today and try not to think too much about tomorrow.  I thank Him for the ways He shurs me up; for the encouragement He sends my way.  

And I resist temptation.


No comments: