Saturday, January 15, 2011

An Update on the 30 day Challenge

I am 25 days into the 30 day challenge. I have missed two days. I wish I could say I was a transformed woman. I wish I could say the Word was with me all day. I can't say that.

What I can say is that I know God hears me (Psalm 17:6; Psalm 54:2). I know God does not withold favor from those who walk is blameless (Psalm 84:11-12). I know that if I trust in God my circumstances will not shake me (Psalm 125:1). I know that hope in the Lord lifts my soul (Psalm 42:11). I know that God will reveal my offensive ways and create in me a clean heart (Psalm 139:23-24; Psalm 51:10). I know God is my shield, my peace, my strength (Psalm 112:1, Psalm 119:165, Psalm 7:10). I know that God finishes what He starts (Psalm 138:8).

I can also say that I needed to hear all of those things. I feel connected (most of the time) and that is huge. I can say that journaling has helped me process what I have read and those entries are creating a wonderful dialogue.

2 comments:

Barb said...

I'm not sure we are the ones who notice the transformation. We just need to be obedient and let God work. I'm happy for you that you've kept at it. Journaling is a great idea.don't quit at the 30 day mark, renew it for another 30.
Love,
Barb

Tim said...

Loved your singing, John. Keep praising the Lord and keep smiling for Jesus. What is all over your face? Is it sore from licking or jelly fied from breakfast.

Love,

Tim