Monday, January 18, 2010

History

This morning at breakfast Elijah could not contain his giggles. He pointed out that the sweatshirt I was wearing had holes around the wrist bands. Shocked, I examined my sweatshirt. How could my beloved Champion sweatshirt have holes? But sure enough there they were, as plain as the nose on your face.


I guess I didn't see the holes because this sweatshirt has been with me for so long. It was a Christmas gift from Sara in 1994. The year that Champion sweatshirts were all the rage at LHS. I have dressed that sweatshirt up by putting a denim shirt under it. I have dressed it as far down as it can go by wearing it with sweats when I am sick. I have worn it while pregnant. I have worn it while healing from a broken heart. It has been to five states and seen countless chick flicks and action movies. I love this sweatshirt, we have history together.


I plan on wearing my Champion sweatshirt until it falls all the way apart, which could be sooner rather than later. Who knew a sweatshirt, worn nearly every week, could last 16 years.

No comments: