Tuesday, January 13, 2009

...even in Australia

I seem to be having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad time in the motherhood department lately. I was sure that motherhood would be easier the second time around but that has not proven to be true. Certain I would be an expert by now this past week has put me over the edge.
My adorable John has become a mama's boy who breaks into tears every time I place him on the floor. One night I had to just leave him to cry because dinner had to be made and you would have thought I had stolen his puppy the way he looked at me and sobbed. It broke my heart. Several early, early mornings (2:00 AM!) I have lain in bed listening to him wail. Chris nearly has to hold me down because I just can't stand the sound of his angry cry.
Why is he doing this? I am certain Elijah never did. Okay, so I am not certain but I don't remember it. Maybe that is the point. It is hard right now. Sleepless right now. Aggravating right now. But it is only right now. It will not always be right now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to remind you of wise words: The days(nights) are long but the years are short.

You are a great mama, you'll help him through this stage. It won't last long. But we'll help pray you through.
Love,
Barb

Sara said...

Oh, honey! You've always been the sweetest, tender heartedest one in any given room. And one day, your little guys will be, too. Just you wait. :-)

Anonymous said...

Why do you think they invented ear plugs. You don't think it is just for factory and construction workers do you!!!!!
Hang in there! This too shall pass!

Love,

Tim