Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Revival of Love

Chris and I had the honor of witnessing the nuptuals of friends, Laura and Greg. It has been a long time since I attended a Christian wedding so I forgot that I usual cry at these events. I was immediately brought to tears when a radiant Laura floated down the aisle to the same song I walked down to. No, not the wedding march, but Agnus Dei. Later I was again in tears as the pastor implored the newlyweds to RUN. Run toward one another with Unfailing love, Never forgeting God. It reminded me of the message at Chris and I's wedding. He told us to always be the first to apologize; to always work together in everything. At the end of the ceremony I was again in tears as I noticed how moved Chris was.

Every couple should attend a Christian wedding once a year. It really renews your belief in human love. I have found that I am more patient, more accepting, and generally more loving of my husband since the wedding.

No comments: